Friday, March 4, 2016

Sensitive me, sensitive you...

I am very sensitive, I have a very big heart and its carried on my sleeve.  You look at me funny and I want to die a silent death.  I tend to make it all about myself, I internalize it and carry all the added baggage with me when frankly it shouldn’t be that way.  It not all about me all the time.  But why do I make it about me??

I think we all have our insecurities, we have all been exposed to some kind of bullying, gossiping or verbal abuse in our lives that when we get a little prick on that nerve it erupts on a whole other level.  For me it’s about the why’s, the how’s, the what if’s.  I don’t always understand a situation and why it is sprung on me unexpectedly.  I know I was in a similar situation before and I somehow managed to run away from it, now 3 years later I’m in the same situation and I decided to go through it, deal with it and heal from it.  Feel all the emotions, experience the fact that people can let you down and that the saying of “a leopard might change its spots but not its colours” is very true.  I always believe people to be better than they really are and somehow I am always let down.  Maybe I do that to others too, maybe I am held up in high esteem and somehow break someone’s confidence of me. 

There is a learning curve from all of this, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  We are seldom very open to all the negativity in life and we invite it in and play house with it, it drains out all the positive and at the end of it all we sit and wonder why we are so stressed and so unhappy.  There needs to be a healthy balance of, yes I notice the negative, yes I see whats going on and yet I choose not to have it affect me.  I will allow it 5 minutes of my time and then I will carry on being the happy person I was before.  The people or situations that we are sometimes thrown into, we don’t choose them, hell if we had a choice we’d avoid them completely but we cant, they will keep coming back until we deal with it, until we grow stronger from it.  Also on another note, one must always remember that the people and situation can be controlled, they want you to feel crappy, they want you to suffer and feel upset but you can control how you feel and react to it, if you show others that it does not hurt or affect you, you are taking away their power.  Above all else, guard your heart.  Protect that big heart, pumping not only blood but love all around.  Its your heart and at the end of it all, you feel the most of what you are feeling, no one else.  Keep on keeping on, just walk past the leopard and smile your biggest most gorgeous smile, just don’t allow yourself to feel.

We all have a purpose on this earth at the end of the day, if you can make someone’s life a little bit better by maybe including them in something, giving them a lift or helping in a way they would never ask you before then you are already being the better person.  I decide every day to be better than I was the day before and try my best to make people feel good about themselves and their situation, other people don’t see it that way, they would rather hurt and not consider others.  God wants us to be loving and treat others as equals.  He will never ostracize someone, or make them feel alienated or thrown away.  We must try and live the same way, do what is best and work towards bettering ourselves in order to grow as individuals and spiritually too.

So no I wont let them get me down, I wont let them hurt me, break my heart and alienate me.  Its not about me, its about them and their unresolved issues with life.  I am going to pull up my big girl panties, learn to grow a thick skin and life a positive happy life while trying to figure all the life lessons out along the way.


Ps. You, the person who just finished reading this, you are awesome, don’t ever forget that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment