Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I'm pink and you are orange

Colour. It can paint the most beautifully vivid picture evoking all sorts of emotions. There is a multitude of colour surrounding our everyday life and we all have our favorite. Yet in the times we live in today colour is what causes a divide. You attitude, self entitlement and disrespect make you a horrible human being not the colour of your skin. I have friends, not many but they are all sorts of colours of the rainbow. My best friend is turquoise, it suits her calm, soft and ethereal being. My soul sister is pink, everybody loves pink, fun and makes you feel good. My friend from church is yellow, stable, strong and steadfast in her religion. My new friends are all purple, outgoing and bold, not your everyday colour. I am grey, my happy and safe colour, it grounds me, makes me feel clean and holy.

You see when you think of colour in a different context, it starts making life a little bit more interesting. One must also lead by example.  I was not raised to accept a different person and yet if we close our eyes, listen to our hearts, they all beat the same.  My children are raised to love another person regardless of their background, social standing or living standards, a friend is a friend. I love my friends, I share meals with my friends, I love their cultures and learning more about it.  And at the end of the day, my friends are there for me when I need them.

Your sexual orientation should also not be factor, I accept people regardless of what and who and how they choose to be in this life. To fight day in and day out for acceptance is not a way to live a life and most of these couples are happier than most straight couples. I genuinely enjoy the era of diversity that I am growing up in, yes still growing and still learning but enjoying and embracing.  My heart loves you with a blind eyed love, if you have a pure heart and you make the most of your time on earth worth living and not hating, you are one hell of a person and just fine by me.

I enjoy seeing my children interact with all their rainbow friends and learning from them and embracing the need for human contact and acceptance.  We can all learn from our children, they indeed will be the voices of our future. Make sure you raise them to be worth listening to.

Your heart determines your character not your colour or sexual orientation.

Love thy neighbour as you love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment