Tuesday, February 23, 2016

To my friend...

... you are almost just like family, we could have the same blood rushing through our veins.  We are soul sisters, probably soulmates from our previous lives.  You understand me and I understand you.  I share my deepest, darkest secrets with you and you lock those away in your big mind and soft heart, never telling a soul.  I wish I was more like you and you more like me.  We have our differences yet we are so similar, you laugh and I laugh, you have a bad day and I fetch you to go for a drink.  We are each others safety net, we cannot explain how it works, yet it works.  

I look at you and I am not jealous or envious, no, I admire you.  You have courage to stand up for yourself and tell people exactly how you feel and what you like and what you don't.  You walk with the confidence of a dragon, yes dragon, no one messes with a dragon.  You wear your crown with pride and not even the king of your castle questions his bride.  Your hair smells nice, I always want to be like the women who's hair smells nice, they have their act together. There are days you want to fall apart and let it all go yet no one gets to see that part of you but me.  You confide in me over and over again and still you seem stronger than me.  Your walk in this life may have and probably has been very different to mine, we come from such different backgrounds and still we seem to gel.  I have never had as much fun with you as I have had with any other individual besides my sister.  I would never be able to replace her but you come in a close second.  There may be times that you dont see me in the way I see you or value you yet that does not make me want to know you any less.

You my dear Taurus, you are the exception to the rule.  The way you held onto my most confidential information in the 365 days of not being in contact made me realize that there are still good people in this world you can trust.  I always try and shock you and still you do not seem moved by my stories, accepting every little line I lay onto your lap.  You have held me when I cried my heart out, you comforted me, pulled me into your lap and made the hurt go away.  A day doesn't go by that I do not want to speak to you, even when we fight, we always seem to find a way back to making things right.  I was a fool for letting you go, that saying of "if you love someone set them free, if they come back you know it was always meant to be".  You are my person, even in difficult circumstances you are there for me, you keep fighting this silly fight for our friendship.  We are so rarely misunderstood and yet there we are completely happy.

Life goes on even when we still think we need time to deal with the last blow that we still recovering from.  It doesn't matter if you make plans, avoid making plans for just chilling in limbo, life carries on.  God planned your life out long before you had a chance to think it through.  You end up eventually losing people along the way but the ones who somehow through everything still claw to you for life support are the ones you will end up living out the best years of your life.  I may be seen as the scarlet letter and your husbands and partners would rather have you avoid me because they fear I might pull you to the dark side, these lovely species we call men will never really understand that our female counterpart more likely wants us to succeed than fail, so no I dont tell your wife, girlfriend or partner to leave you, I actually try and help them to love your sorry behind a bit more because there comes a time when you would rather have your best friend life a happy life than take the road less traveled and leave your partnership.

I am your friend and you are mine.  I will love you with a special love that only we can understand.  You are beautiful and courageous, spontaneously fun, magical and whimsical. Intellectually I feel stupid in your company, you speak with such class and yet you swear worse than an afrikaans person on a good day.  May your warmth stay with me throughout this journey we call life and may I have many more blessed days with my friend.
                                                                    
                                                                                        .... You friend 

No comments:

Post a Comment