Friday, February 19, 2016

Before you kick the Bucket - Bucket List

Nothing is happening for you at the moment or like me you are chilling in limbo.  There is nothing fun or magical about being in limbo, its boring and just plain blah.  Your life feels stuck, no excitement, no new adventure to look forward to, you are just a living vessel at this point, consuming air and using up valuable time doing NOTHING!!   Stop.... back it up a little.  Do you actually have a bucket list, not the virtual one you keep adding to and actually forget about, no, a bucket list that you have actually taken the time out to write down or type out. Up until yesterday, I didn't have a bucket list either, more like a goal list.  I have short term goals and long term goals and then there is that bucket list.

Usually ones short term goals are what we generally want to achieve in a short space of time and that is reasonably not too far fetched to achieve. I have a 6 month plan, 5 goals I want to achieve in order to be where I want to be this year and feel somewhat happy.  They are my personal goals which I have written down and manifested in my mind to happen.  There is an element of praying that has taken place and a lot of talking to God to make it happen.  All in his time I say.  I personally believe that short term goals should have an incentive, a prize for actually achieving what is necessary to make the goal possible and then something to look forward to once achieved.  I haven's decided on my incentive yet because I want it to be something other than food or alcohol related, I seriously think I am addicted to food and to throw alcohol into the mix doesn't make matters better.  So it has to be something I really want after achieving my goal but alas I shall ponder and maybe find something I want....

Now lets get to the fun part, the long term goals and our BUCKET list.  The long term goals I can share because these will in fact take some time to achieve.  Brace yourself, you might be in for a shock or quite a laugh.  My long term goals:

1.  I always wanted breast augmentation for my 30th birthday (that will be this year probably have to move it to my 40th at this stage).
2.  Have all my tattoos fixed up and added too (one is an initial I need to cover and the others have faded)
3.  Finish my book I am writing (its a work in progress)
4.  Become a successful blogger (only if my famous friends would start sharing my blog then it might happen)
5.  Pay or have someone (maybe I have an inheritance I dont know of haha) pay off my debt.
6.  Travel to Italy, Greece, Las Vegas and Thailand (in no specific order)
7.  Meeting my soulmate (the good looking rich one hahaha), being whisked off my feet, get married and live happily ever after.

Then there is the bucket list, this is supposed to be your ultimate list, like the craziest of crazy stuff you want to do before you, well you know, kick the bucket:

1.  I want to drive a Land Rover Discovery one day (dont judge)
2.  Be a stay at home mom (yes this is a bucket list because it may never happen or it might)
3.  Skinny dip in the ocean (preferably on an exotic island)
4.  Meet Lee-Ann Liebenberg and MAYBE become friends (this one is my ultimate, I'll die and go to heaven) #forevergirlcrush
5.  Travel to India and go on a spiritual journey of self discovery (Something very personal)
6.  Spend a day driving a Bentley (my sports car dream)
7.  Have 1 more child (yes bucket list, might not even be possible) hahaha

See the difference between the bucket list and the goals, the bucket list is your dreams, your fun stuff that makes you feel a bit better about your dull life sometimes and the goals are what you try and work to achieve even if the bar is set quite high.  If I can have all of the above come true then I'd die a happy person.  We need to have these little things in life that makes life worth living.  I definitely dont just want to wake up each morning and go to work and go home, that to me is no life, therefore I started writing.  I need new things in my life constantly to keep my life interesting and worth living.  I have my children and they are the heart and soul to my being but I need things to make me, well me.  There are all sorts of bucket lists in our lives, we categorize them and have them stored up in our "to remember" folder in our brains but to make it a reality we need to write it down, manifest it and believe with our whole heart that it will happen.

I have a bucket list even for my future spouse, more a to be and not to be list:

1.  Has to be taller than me.
2.  Has to have a good body.
3.  Has to have some kind of sense of humor and not be a complete dead fish.
4.  Work hard for his money but play hard too.
5.  Accept me and my girls and the added extras that come with it.
6.  Need to be a Christian.
7.  Has to be outgoing and fun like me.
8.  Needs to want to do things and experience things with me.

The list can go on and on but have you ever though of how to be a future spouses bucket list?  Now that is the turning point in this whole scenario.  Have you ever sat down and thought about the fact that there might be somethings you need to "add" onto that bucket list to become a someone worth pursuing?  Perhaps maybe do a bucket list that looks like this:

1.  Will not Facebook Stalk new date.
2.  Will not Facebook Stalk ex girlfriends and questions him about them.
3.  Will not check if he is online on whatsapp and go crazy if he doesnt reply.
4.  Will not get drunk and look for unreasonable stuff to fight about.
5.  Will not go through his personal stuff and try look for evidence if he is cheating.
6.  Will be a loving and caring partner when he wants to go play golf.
7.  Will take an interest in his hobbies and let him watch some sports on tv.
8.  Maybe dont harass him when he gets home from work, let him relax and ease into the evening.

Sometimes we need to check ourselves before we go out looking for this person we want to pursue and make sure we dont have hang ups that will cause our potential partner to run the other way.

So go and sit down, prepare your "before you kick the bucket - bucket list".


No comments:

Post a Comment