Thursday, February 25, 2016

Accepting your Fate

Accepting your fate, it’s a hard pill to swallow.  It’s actually such a big pill that you have to chew it before swallowing it, taste the bitterness of it and carry it with you long after you finished chewing.  The wonderful part of accepting your fate brings more satisfaction and release than actually running from it.  Its not so much the fate that we need to come to grips with, it’s the acceptance part.  Anyone who makes a decision has to make peace with the acceptance of the consequences.

I am guilty of making a lot of hasty, rushed and just plain not thought through decisions in life, yet now I sit in the situation where my future is so undetermined but I have complete peace in my heart. I feel that what will be, will be regardless of how hard you fight against it.  Most nights I sit and think about all these decisions I made and I wonder if my life would have ultimately gone down the path where it is right now or did I make some of the biggest mistakes of my life in a space of almost two years.  We are all given free rein to choose the decision we make, so we selfishly use up all our options and when we sit with the aftermath of our already dodgy past, we look for people to blame.  Then it hits you smack bang in the middle of the face, you are the one to blame, you need to accept your fate. 

I sometimes wonder if I am the only person who runs head first into any situation that presents itself or are there others of the same caliber as myself.   Like, where’s the crazies at???  However fun it might have been and the thrill of making all these decisions, I have learned a very valuable lesson, think before you act.  Now why did no one ever tell me that before, problem is, they did, I just didn’t listen.  My brain just malfunctioned anytime anyone with any sound advice gave me any sort of direction, its as if I just blocked it out, I didn’t want to hear any of it. So now I sit, I take stock and I reminisce of what might have been, what could’ve been and what had been since that time.  Now I look at my situations with eyes wide open and feet firmly on the ground.  I evaluate the situation and I actually sit and calculate if I can afford the after affects and how costly it will be.  It’s a necessary life lesson to learn and unfortunately for some, you only learn it well into your older years.  A manual on “How to do Life” would have been great, it could have been handed out while we went through primary school but no, our God and maker has a very very funny sense of humor.  You are given the basics and told to life to your full potential BUT if you mess up, no one is actually going to help you out of this situation, nope its me, myself and I.  Aint it a ball of fun being a grown up, damn we fight so hard to be big people and then we get there and its like “Mmmm  maybe not!! Can I maybe go back to, um, say before conception, yeah I’ll just chill there”.  Or maybe get a universal remote and pause some situations, rewind some and have a few options of fast forward just so you can see where that decision might lead you.

Its hard and its tough and it gets ugly but it doesn’t have to stay that way.  Some days you’ll get bad news and your friend may get the best news of her life and other days it will be in reverse, the trick is to see the good in any situation, to find the light at the end of the tunnel.  You control your reaction to every situation, you can decide how you feel about things, if its what you want to feel or go through.  This life is precious no matter what situation you are in, keep on believing and trusting, your break through might be at the end of that bad decision you are struggling through and remember you are never too old to ask for advice or to grown up to need your parents, I think they might just miss the times you used to annoy them for advice.


Accept the unacceptable in your life and you may just discover something new about yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment