Friday, July 15, 2016

A REAL Man

There is this gentleman at my church.  At first glance he does not seem very open to converse with but I have gathered that that's just the outer facade of him.  Once he knows who you are and what you are about, then he opens up a bit more.  He is a youth pastor and a youth leader, he gets involved and he helps where he can.  He is also married to a stunning young doctor and she is absolutely an all in one package.

So to actually get to the story of my post title, this gentleman is actually a REAL man, a Godly man, the type you read about who fights for justice and beat the odds.  He is definitely not the type of "guys" guy that is currently flooding the market, hence why I decided to write about him.

He is very much younger than me, he is a 90's baby (it still feels wrong working with people born in the 90's - I'm just saying) 26 years old to be exact.  He is married, that I mentioned but what I didn't tell you is that he married the love of his life who adopted 2 little orphaned babies before she ever met him.  She stepped up to the plate when these 2 babies had no hope of a future and became their mother.  She made a decision to live a life of a single parent because she wanted to give meaning to life for two little souls.  What she did not expect was to be the object of total mezmerization from this man. 

He fell in love the moment he met her and started pursuing her, she on the other hand did not want anything to do with him because of her responsibilities.  Countless times he tried and every time he was met with resistance.  Why would someone so young want to date a person who has not only 2 children that is in fact not even her biological children and she had no time for a relationship. 

Did this stop him??? Clearly not. He saw what many guys today fail to see, he saw past the     the added extras of live she carried with her and saw her, he saw a person and not her circumstances and he wanted to be a part of that.  He didn't think twice about becoming an instant father to two orphans who were not biologically his or hers, he wanted to be with her and no matter what it took, he was all in.  

I see them every Sunday at work and when I look at how great he is to his children and most importantly to his wife, it gives me hope.  It makes me excited, gives me something to look forward too and that one day when the time is right God will send a REAL man that will step up to the plate and put his big boy panties on and fall in love with me, regardless of what state my life is in or what I can and cannot give him.

At the end of the day there are copious quantities of guys out there but only a select few quality guys....

Wait for yours, give it to the dude upstairs, believe and trust.  Your other half is out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment