Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Do not Disturb

​One of the most mindbogglingly things for me to date and actually has been on my mind since, like, forever, will be the confidence a man walks around with, especially those who you would never ​even look at twice.  We've all had the "Oom" on the beach with the beer belly check us out and actually walked up to some of you and started a conversation, never-mind the beach, at a restaurant, bar or randomly at shopping centres.

Is it maybe because females have a lack of testosterone or what??  Why on earth would we not have that "confidence" gene?  And my ultimate hate is when you are single, this also goes for me too, you get stalker, talked too or added randomly on social media by the creepiest bunch of guys out there.  I mean seriously?? I am not desperate and I have my list of requirements, it almost makes you wonder what category of "looks" or "attractiveness" you fall under,  That to me is just unacceptable.

I have had 3 instances so far, the first was when I quickly had to send out an email to a client, I stopped off at the nearest place and hurried into a little space and started working.  It was close to home time so I ordered myself a glass of wine and started cracking on my email, not 5 minutes into my work, there he was.  I could smell home before I even saw him, body odor mixed with the smell of cigarette smoke lingering.  He casually walks up and asks me of he could buy me a drink, I politely refuse and then he proceeds with "you look busy, may I join you while you work" - um NO! was my response and he kind of backed away slowly but kept on starring at me from a distance. Like you got to be joking!!

The second instance was on a work social media platform, the guy adds me and I send him a WORK mail about my business and our offerings.  Not a second later he says cool, we can set up a meeting at my offices.  Ok so from the get go of the reply I kind of had a weird feeling about it, so I ask a male colleague to sit in the meeting with me.  He rocks up at our office, start talking and the whole meeting is about himself, almost like a speed dating session that took forever to finish, while I kept on trying to cut the meeting short and my male colleague also tried, he just carried on.  Finally he gets up and leaves, I almost cling to my male colleague as to not have to walk out with this guy.  Not even an hour later this dude starts adding me on all social platforms and starts stalking me.  Like SERIOUSLY??? So I block him everywhere and left it at that.

The third was one of those, you add people because they invite you on social media because you share a connection or you attend the same church or whatever the case.  So I innocently accept the friend request.  Soon after my photos from a few months back start popping up as "liked" on my notifications, then I start getting inbox messages on messenger.... I ignore the guy, sometimes being polite gets your burnt just as bad as actually trying to tell them to leave you alone.

So in saying the above, I am not vain or horrible, God created us all with certain likes and dislikes, stuff that appeals to us that dont to others.  I just have a certain preference and I am not going to just jump at any opportunity that presents itself.  I have come to the conclusion that I cannot marry for money as I seriously need a connection with the other person.  I know within the first few minutes of meeting someone, whether or not there would be potentially something or not.  But in saying all of the above, I have actually had a lot of time to think while driving to and from work lately.  I dont have the time, capacity, will or need for someone right now.  Yes I will always make the odd joke about "oh and if you know of a rich single guy, send him my way".  That is just plain playful banter, the same as if anyone new is employed or somebody talks about their single friends, the question always pops up about whether they are hot or not, its just a silly conversation making statement.

So all in all, there is unfortunately no space in my life for anyone unless you are super duper extra-ordinary but that doesnt really happen and I have yet to be proven wrong.  I share my bed with a little warm body every night, my weekend are filled with quality time with my offspring, my evenings I work and look for business to make sure I have enough income to look after myself and frankly, I am content.  I am my own boss, I do what I want, talk to whomever I want, wear what I want, change my mind 10 times without having to consult anyone and actually would like to start socializing and start serving at church more often.

So there you go, in a nutshell - I have standards - I dont like creepy dudes and not in the market AT ALL until further notice.

So as those door hangers say " DO NOT DISTURB " 

No comments:

Post a Comment