Saturday, August 27, 2016

the art of appreciation

Sit and focus, look at the people around you, your animals, your family, your children or just you surrounded by you.  Look at them, don't just see them. Now open you heart and feel the emotion that plays in conjunction with looking at them. The deeply warm and satisfyingly feeling of joy, love, heartache, pleasure, pride and most of all being content. Family, friends, children, lovers, partners, all bring us some kind of sense of "belonging".

Today I read some sad news, I have been following this family who has a son with congenital heart disease, he is only a few months old and has spent about half his life in the NNICU where his mom and dad kept staying positive and kept on praying.  Today the parents posted that he is not a suitor for heart surgery and have decided to start getting off his meds slowly and take him home on Monday so that he may spend his last hours at home with his family.

"WarriorsforWalt"

Once again after reading that my whole perspective of life fell back into place again.  We live such hectic lives to please other people and yet we do not spend time with the small people, the people that count.  I gave my babies the biggest hugs I could and loved and kissed them just that little extra because we are all on borrowed time.

What this has also done for me is made me even more determined to keep believing that I will find love again with someone who will see the value of these little souls and how they keep me grounded and happy.  I am nothing without my children and they will not be a sacrifice.

So admire the people around you, tell them you love them, hug them out of the blue because where that mother is preparing to let go of her angel back to heave, we can still throw our arms around the little people we have around us.

May God bless Liz and her husband through this difficult path they are walking on together, little Walt will be with his Holy Father where he won't have to suffer any longer.

Please pray for this family on Monday when they say goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment