Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Take my word for it

Expectation is the root of all evil - William Shakespeare.  I don't think he would've said it unless he experienced it.  In some form or another we are let down by someone at least once a day, never do we plan for it to happen, yet it happens.  I once forgave a person very close to me without having any expectations because I knew he wouldn't be what I expected of him, I made my peace.

What irritates me is the fact that we set ourselves up for failure most of the time.  For this to make sense I need you to forget about the law of attraction or what will be will be and just hear me out.  More often than not we are presented with the true, it's there staring at you, if it was a snake it would actually bite you, problem is we let it bite us and pretend that the venom doesn't eat away all the good and turn what was once all together into rotten nothingness.

When a person says to you they might come across as something but rest assured they definitely not like that, 99 times out of a 100, they are exactly that.  So if you ever hear - I'm not a prick, or shallow, or violent (yeah run when you hear that one), or a ladies man, or (my best so far) I don't just message random people on Facebook messenger (how stupid can a person be, it's shows when last you were active dumbass), the list goes on and on.  The cherry normally on the cake is the fact that these individuals feel "entitled" because they have people feeding their egos or need a rebound from a previous relationship.

So many of us have actually been in this position, we overlook all the clues and then sit for weeks picking up our broken pieces and start sticking them together.  I don't know why it's so hard to be honest, I know who I am and I will never intentionally treat someone badly because it always comes back to me, although most of these people get away with murder.

My best guy friend is the most sincere person I know, he is upfront and won't create any expectations for anyone to get hurt because it's a simple fact, he knows what he wants.  Well you know what, I'm done, it's not the end of the line it's the beginning of a new chapter.

I am not going to ever settle for anything less than the best.  When I give my valuable time up that I could have spent with my child, it better be worth it.  I am worth the chase and you know what, I don't deserve anything less.  So just to make you aware, if a guy tells you he is "not" a prick, 100% guaranteed, he is the biggest self absorbed, chauvinistic, self entitled man you will meet, and if he says he's not, make sure he can prove it.

Thanks for this lesson once again, just goes to show that one must always trust your gut feeling.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment